February 28, 2008

Slim Shady!


Sorry to disappoint Eminem fans but this is not a post on Eminem. I am not going to write about his alter ego. I already have one alter ego which is writing this post right now. No! I'm not crazy. Its just that people drive me crazy. Everytime they meet me, they tell me how thin I am. Slim sounds better but THIN...ugh! But I guess I am not thin. How can they take a look at my big butt and say I am thin? Why can't they say 'atleast you are not thin at the butt'? As if though I was not less averse to meeting people, this makes me wanna run away at the sight of human beings.

In my childhood, I was taught to say 'hi', 'hello', 'how are you?' to greet people. But now I realize this is all so wrong. I am always greeted with 'How thin have you become!', 'Are you on diet?', 'When are you gonna put on some weight?' or 'Don't your parents give you enough food?'. And don't tell me when I will put on some weight, the same people are gonna tell me that I have indeed put on some. How much weight do they mean when they say 'put on weight'? I eat four meals a day atleast without fail. And I did not include the number of times I eat during my innumerable bouts of hunger during the day. I don't think twice when I feast on chips, butter, cheese or anything that most girls would not touch even with a stick. And I am still thin. Is it my fault?

Some years down the lane when I may put on lots of weight and my fats may pop out from all possible directions, these same people are going to tell me that I have become fat and should reduce some weight. What a contradiction! No matter what, people will always go on with their so called important opinions. So this whole slim thing sounds like a shady part to me. Its just a way of showing that they have all the time in the world to think about you. Wish they could think how this poor girl puts on with all these comments! Awww...but one thing is certain. Whether I am fat or thin, as long as it does not lead me to death bed, its fine!

These words from Helloween's song doesn't stop playing in my mind-

So they keep talking and they never stop
And at a certain point you give it up
So the only thing thats left to think is this

I want out... to live my life alone
I want out... leave me be
I want out... to do things on my own
I want out... to live my life and to be free

2 comments:

Meshrum said...

Put on some weight so that I can stop telling people that I eat up even your share of food :D
Anyway, thin or fat, we love you for what you are!

Xenofire said...

Arey arey koi baat nahi

kaho peeyo jeeyo ! :D
jo karna hai karo !

Preeti rocks whatever others say